Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meet and Greet

Hi there! I just decided to get back into the world of blogging.  I'm not a professional by any means, so don't expect any deep thought from me :)  What I hope to get out of this blog is a good journal of my kids' lives as they grow.  Along the way I hope to make you laugh at the silly thing my 3 year old says (and things the baby will say when she gets older), give you some cute craft ideas (if I come up with any...), share my meal planning and preparation with you (I've got some ideas up my sleeve), and just let you have a peek into our lives. 

A little about me.  I'm 32 years old and a stay at home mom of two beautiful little girls.  I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania.  I joined the Army when I was 18 and gave 10 1/2 years of service, both on active duty and in the PA Guard.  My husband and I moved to Texas nine months before daughter number 1 was born and I've been a stay at home mom ever since.  I love my life but struggle with it as well.  I always said if I became a stay at home mom I wouldn't lose myself.  I would stay who I am and not be identified as a wife and mother.  Well, it's happening.  I'm Sarah, the mom.  I'm trying to work through redefining myself as Sarah while still being a dedicated mommy.  It's a delicate balance, I'm learning!  I really feel like my girls need to see me as an individual and not just in the role of mom and wife.  I need to do this for them as much as for me...but now I'm straying and this is a topic for another blog another day! 

I hope you'll follow along on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment